Change of Program

Dunwoody College is committed to ensuring that all students are making informed decisions regarding their academic interests and their professional goals and objectives. If, in the course of your undergraduate study, you decide to change your program, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Here are some things you can do and ask when considering changing your program or degree level:

  1. Tell your current faculty advisor you'd like to change your program or degree level. They can advise you during the next steps.
  2. Meet with a faculty advisor from the new program to learn about any new degree requirements needed to make this change and what happens to courses you've already taken that may or may not apply to your new degree. 
  3. Talk with the Financial Aid Office to understand how this change may affect your financial aid or veteran benefits.
  4. The Registrar's Office can help you understand what happens to your previously approved transfer credits and/or credit for prior learning and how this change may affect your timely graduation.
  5. Once you have all the information to make an informed decision to change your major or degree level, you and your current faculty advisor will complete the Change of Curriculum form. The completed request is submitted by your faculty advisor to the Registrar's Office. 

Changes to a program or degree level submitted before the add/drop deadline of the current semester reflect the change in the current semester. Requests received after the add/drop deadline for the semester will be processed at the end of the semester and the new program will be in effect the following semesterIf the following semester is a new academic year, the student matriculates into the program for the next academic year. In programs with a shared curriculum, the student remains in the academic catalog year they matriculated into their original program.