The Admissions Office is here to help you explore if Dunwoody is the right fit for you. Feel free to reach out for information on:

For details, visit:

Dunwoody College Admissions
818 Dunwoody Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55403

Admissions Requirements

Students applying for admission to Dunwoody College of Technology must provide a final, official high school transcript (with graduation date) or a GED score from a recognized GED testing center. If the student has completed college credits, and intends to apply for federal financial aid, an official transcript from that institution of higher learning is required. Official college transcripts are also required if the student wishes to have the credits considered for transfer.

Admission decisions are based on a very careful, overall assessment of each student’s academic preparation and performance, as well as the additional information provided in the application, based on the primary and secondary factors listed below.  Although the strongest consideration in the decision is given to the primary factors, no single factor is the deciding factor in the decision.

Primary Factors:

  • Coursework through high school graduation
  • Performance in previous college-level coursework (if applicable)
  • Grade Point Average
  • ACT, SAT, or PSAT scores (if available)

Secondary Factors:

  • Outstanding talent, achievement, or aptitude in a particular area
  • Military service
  • Evidence of having overcome social, economic, or physical barriers to educational achievement
  • Significant responsibility in a family, community, job, or activity

*Additional requirements may be required for certain programs.

Diploma Verification Policy

All students accepted for admission into Dunwoody College of Technology are required to provide the Admissions Office with either:

  • A final, official high school transcript (with a graduation date)
  • A GED score from a recognized GED testing center

Acceptable Formats:

  • Students may request that their school mail, directly to Dunwoody, an official transcript (Dunwoody must receive the transcript in a sealed envelope).
  • Dunwoody will accept faxed transcripts if the fax is directly from the high school.
  • Students may bring a transcript directly to Dunwoody; it is only acceptable if given to Dunwoody Admissions personnel in a sealed envelope.
  • Electronic transcripts sent through a verified agency.

*Dunwoody checks each transcript for the school seal and/or signature to determine if the transcript is official.

Validating Suspicious Diplomas:

  • A transcript received without a CEEB (College Entrance Examination Board) code will need to be reviewed by the Director of Admissions to determine if the school is recognized by the Department of Education.
  • Dunwoody may also check the appropriate regional accrediting commissions in the United States.
  • Dunwoody may contact the school in question to perform an education verification on the student to ensure the validity of the diploma granting school.
  • If it is determined that a school is not recognized by the Department of Education or has no physical address, then that applicant will be required to submit a GED prior to evaluation of their application.

Home Schooled Students:

Homeschools issue their own transcripts and diplomas. The Minnesota Department of Education does not certify or validate these. For out of state homeschool transcripts, Dunwoody may require documentation demonstrating that the transcript was issued from their state-approved program. Homeschool transcripts issued by the educator must contain the following:

  • Courses
  • Graduation Date
  • Cumulative GPA
  • ACT or SAT scores are recommended (but not required)

International Students:

Generally, a certified translated transcript and a transcript in the original language is required.  Students who, for any reason, are unable to present us with an official transcript from their home country are required to take the GED.

Ability to Benefit Policy

To be eligible for financial aid funds, a student must be qualified to study at the postsecondary level as required by the Higher Education Amendments of 1992 (Ability to Benefit-ATB criteria).

Dunwoody uses the following criteria to determine qualification and ability to benefit:

  • A student with an official high school diploma/transcript or its equivalent.
  • Recognized alternative equivalents are a General Education Development (GED) certificate, certificate of homeschool completion (through the high school level), or a postsecondary accredited academic transcript with at least 60 credit hours.

Dunwoody College of Technology is committed to helping you succeed. From providing academic support and advising during the school year, to lifelong employment assistance when you are ready to enter the workforce, our faculty and staff are here to help. Our campus environment includes collaborative places for you to study and interact with peers; and amenities such as lockers and parking are provided to students at no charge.

Please take a minute to familiarize yourself with all of the campus services and support available to you as a Dunwoody student. Additional information is available online at


Orientation provides a quality transitional experience and maximizes the students’ potential for personal and academic success. Orientation is an enrollment requirement for all new students.

Admitted students will be mailed additional information on Orientation sessions. During orientation, students:

  • Receive their class schedule and copy of transfer credit evaluation form, if applicable 
  • Receive their Dunwoody student I.D. and parking permit
  • Meet with their department dean and faculty
  • Review Dunwoody expectations and policies
  • Learn about student clubs and organizations

Registration for New Students

Registration is the process of enrolling in courses. The Registrar’s Office registers all first-semester students at Dunwoody. Students are registered for the courses required by their major on their academic plan. Students will receive a paper copy of their schedule at Orientation and can view their schedule via my.dunwoody. For questions please contact the Registrar’s Office by email at or by phone at 612-381-3360.

Academic Advising

Dunwoody's advising model uses Faculty Advisors to provide students with a single point of contact during their college experience. Once accepted, you are matched with a Faculty Advisor from your major. Your Faculty Advisor is your primary contact for routine questions about the academic processes at Dunwoody. Faculty Advisors provide a variety of academic guidance throughout the semester. In preparation for registration, your Faculty Advisor will discuss your academic performance and academic plan with you to ensure you understand and meet the requirements to graduate. Faculty Advisors also assist and guide you with future career advice, connecting you to networking opportunities, providing referrals to college support services or student organizations, and applying to scholarships directly related to your major. PSEO students and their high school guidance counselors coordinate with the Registrar's office to verify remaining high school requirements. You can find your Faculty Advisor's name and contact information at my.dunwoody.

The Student Affairs team also advises and supports students beyond the classroom. Often in collaboration with academic departments, Student Affairs staff meet with students who are facing internal and/or external challenges and equip them with the tools needed to continue navigating toward graduation. Examples of these holistic tools include help with time management, support with peer connections, guidance with student life engagement, financial resources and direction, mental and physical health resources, and academic success tips. 


Lockers are available to students at no cost, on a first-come, first-served basis. Locker assignments may be obtained throughout the year in the Multicultural Center. Be sure to bring your Dunwoody ID card.