Work-study Hiring Procedure
Work-study positions may include jobs in the Financial Aid Department, Library, Career Services Center, Registrar, as well as assistance to a faculty member with curriculum-related activities and tutoring. Work-study students should not be in positions that involve personal interaction with other students and should be limited to professional interaction only. The supervisor who wishes to hire a work-study student should follow this procedure. Documents are located on the staff.dunwoody HR page:
- Complete a job description for the position.
- If needed, reference the Job Description Template.
- Complete the Student Worker Hiring Request Form.
- Send the completed electronic copy of the Student Worker Hiring Request Form and the Job Description to the Vice President of Enrollment for approval.
- Once signed, the electronic form and job description will be forwarded to HR for approval and the position will be posted
- Advise interested students to meet with a Financial Aid Consultant to determine work-study eligibility. If eligible for work study, the student will complete an Annual Work-Study Employment Agreement Form, which is to be signed by the position supervisor and a Financial Aid consultant and then forwarded to HR.
- If a student is not eligible for work-study the student may still interview for the position.
- Advise student to apply via the Dunwoody Employment site.
- Contact the student applicant if you want to set up an interview.
- Reference the Student Worker Interview Question Guide.
- If the student is offered the position, Human Resources will send an email link to fill out information for the background check.
- Human Resources will notify the student and department dean or program manager once results have come back.
- Human Resources will email the student and cc the manager advising the student to set up a meeting with Human Resources to complete new hire paperwork.
- Once the student meets with Human Resources and has provided/completed all the required paperwork, HR will send a Personnel Action Form (PAF) to the manger for their approval.
- Once the manager approves the PAF, the manager can have the student worker start their employment.