Dunwoody has several IT systems to help you manage your classes and share information with the rest of the college. As with other IT functions, you can get help with them or suggest improvements through the IT Service Desk.
Dunwoody’s official Learning Management System (LMS) system is Canvas LMS. You can access it through LaunchPad or at https://dunwoody.instructure.com. Your courses and enrollments will be automatically uploaded three times a day from PowerCampus/My.Dunwoody. We have customized Canvas to allow you to take attendance and add midterm and final grades through Canvas. Training and assistance for Canvas is available at the IT Service Desk.
Like all learning management systems (LMS), this is your primary classroom portal for sharing content and documents with your students. You can also use it for online quizzes.
YouTube, Wiki and Other Technology Platforms
Faculty members are encouraged to develop curriculum that stimulates inquiry and is engaging. The use of technology assists with this goal and can enhance the delivery method. The following are some guidelines to consider when using technology in curriculum delivery:
- When using videos or downloading content, be sure that the copyright allows the use of video or images for academic purposes
- Not sure of copyright, please check with a Dunwoody librarian
- Dunwoody has a number of approved enhancements and delivery methods, such as the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Not sure if the technology you wish to use is a Dunwoody approved product, check with IT to make sure
- All material uploaded online is copyright of Dunwoody College