Arts & Sciences Department
Arts & Sciences help students acquire the critical thinking, creative problem solving, and communications skills required by the modern workplace as well as provide them with the foundational knowledge they need to succeed in their technical coursework. The department offers courses in four different content areas: Communications; Natural Sciences/Mathematics; Arts/Humanities; and Social Sciences.
Courses from the Arts & Sciences Department are integrated into students’ academic plans based on their technical program of study and are taught by instructors with academic expertise in their subject areas. Arts & Sciences classes help put students on the fast track to success in their careers and lives by providing a well-rounded education that helps them develop broad thinking skills; an appreciation for life-long learning; professional oral and written communication skills; and a better understanding of the world around them.
- Analyze natural phenomena by using math and science principles.
- Interpret solutions supported by reason and evidence.
- Solve math and science problems using formulas and equations.
- Apply professional communication skills.
- Apply research and problem solving skills.
- Analyze written and oral material.
- Analyze artistic expression.
- Interpret the human condition through the arts.
- Interpret value systems as they relate to a particular culture.
- Apply scientific interpretations to explain human behavior.
- Interpret culture throughout history.
- Interpret societal roles.
- Analyze cultural and socioeconomic conditions.
- Analyze ways of life in our diverse society.
- Explain cultural differences.
- Relate inclusion to contemporary issues.